Sunday, October 7, 2007

HW 17: Keeping it in the family

http://jezebel.com/gossip/daddy-issues/-307685.php

As I was searching through Jezebel’s website, I found an article about a couple who couldn’t have a baby. She says that in London there’s a couple that are having sperm donated in order for them to have a child. This sperm is donated by their 72-year-old father/father-in-law. In my opinion, I think that’s disgusting. I don’t think I would ever ask my father to donate his sperm if I couldn’t have a child. I would much rather adopt. That’s repulsive. I honestly don’t believe that they would even think about that. The child is going to look more like the 72-year-old then his own father. The 72-year-old is now going to be fathering his grandchild. Gross. The woman is basically having a child with her father-in-law. Really, if people want to have children and can’t, then just adopt; do you really have to keep it in the family? Is it really that horrible to adopt a child?

No comments: