Tuesday, November 6, 2007

HwW 29: Dear Riverbend

Dear Riverbend,

I’d like to start off with a “thank you.” This book has given me an insight to the war, and a lot of others as well. It’s not like we’re watching it on T.V. you’re actually giving us a vision of living the way you do. It must be hard, and I give you credit for it. Having to wake up to the sound of a gun-shots, explosion or yelling; and then wondering if it was a burglar, gang of looters, an attack, a bomb, or an American midnight raid, is frightening and I could never imagine doing that. It also amazes me that you know if it’s a tank, armored vehicle, Apache or Chinook, or me how you can tell if it’s a pistol or a machine-gun and how far the distance and maybe even the target. You show us what it’s like living in Iraq, as a woman. I also never knew that 50% of the work force in Iraq was made up of woman. You’ve opened my eyes to the life of an Iraqi woman living in the war, and the war in general. Keep writing!

No comments: