Saturday, November 3, 2007

HW 28: Baghdad Burning

The book Baghdad Burning is a blog written by an Iraqi woman who is 24. She goes by the name “Riverbend.” In her first blog post she tells us we should “expect a lot of complaining and ranting.” (Riverbend 5) She was just looking for a place to go and vent, and then she found her blog. She never really knew that anyone was going to read it. In the second blog she tells us what it’s like living in Iraq. She describes what it’s like waking up to the sound of “gun-shot, explosion, or yelling.” (Riverbend 6) Honestly, I’ll admit that I don’t pay that much attention to the war. This opens up my mind and makes me think, not only about the troops in Iraq, but now the people there. It’s teaching me about the war, and way people in Iraq see it.



Works Cited:
Riverbend. Baghdad Burning. New York: The Feminist Press at the City University of New York, 2005.

No comments: