Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 6: Interest Statement for semester-long project

The social computing technologies that I’m interested in right now are e-mail, instant messaging, and social networking services. The reason I like e-mail is because I use it everyday to keep in touch with my family. Everyday I wake up, I check my e-mail and I always have one from my mom. It’s our way of keeping in touch. Instant messaging is one that I’m also interested in because I always use it. There is never a moment that I’m not online. That doesn’t mean that I’m always at the computer, but my screen name is always on. It’s a huge way of keeping in touch with friends who are back at home. Specific social networking that I use is Facebook, and Myspace. I mostly use Facebook, because it’s a way to keep in friends who aren’t always around. You can always leave a comment on their page, or even a message.
The kinds of empowerment that I’m interested in are overcoming sexism, rights and empowerment of people with HIV/AIDS, and issues of disabilities or learning differences. The one I’m most interested in is overcoming sexism. This topic always gets me annoyed. I hate the fact that men think they’re better than women.
The geographical areas that I’m interested in looking at are the US and Europe.

No comments: